d'Uccle color help *New Pics added, pg 3*

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SunAngel, Sep 11, 2008.

1. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    These are my 4 new baby Mille Fleur d'Uccles that arrived today from Ideal.

But...one doesn't look like the other 3. Did I get 3 of one color and one of another? Or do Mille Fleurs just vary that much? The first 3 are all slightly different from each other, but that 4th is just so drastically different. Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  2. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    I had dark ones and light ones when mine were little too and mine came from a farm. Some of mine are now more of a butterscotch color and some are a darker mahogany.

Here they are as babies:

[​IMG]

and here is some of them now:

[​IMG]

3. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Awww they are so pretty, I just love them! Thanks for sharing your pics!

So my little light one should still be a Mille Fleur, just a lighter shade after it feathers out?

4. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Solarical - I'm not sure what your odd one out is going to be, keep us updated. Maybe try emailing Ideal cust. service the picture to ask what they think. The three darker ones will be the Millie Fleur color.

PBJMaker - Your really odd one out looks like a Porcelain, and the darker one looks like Brown Red. The others appear to be Millie Fleur.

5. pbjmaker

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    I know the one is a porcelain. I was thinking the one with the dark head was just a PQ. He looked just like the other darker colored ones when he was little. My hubby got them for me from the feed store who went and picked them up from the farm to be a friend for my lone EE. They told them they were all Mille Fleur and one porcelain.

ETA: we all know feed stores are never wrong... [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  6. Cuban Longtails

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    [​IMG] Oh yeah, never ever are they wrong!

7. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Maybe I will try emailing them. Just out of curiousity.

I don't mind a different color than Mille Fleur, as long as its still a d'Uccle [​IMG]

8. Cuban Longtails

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    PBJ - I told ya wrong on the brown red. I had the colors flip/flopped. He'd have brownish hackles and saddles, with a black body. Maybe he's just a sport color. [​IMG] He'll be good looking anyways.

9. pbjmaker

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    He's a funny bird - was the runt of the "litter". I had one other like him but a stray dog got him before we had finished our fence. I haven't seen a stray dog around here in years...

It will be interesting to see how that yellow one turns out. Like I said - I had some that were pretty yellow but now that I look back they still had some reddish/blue tint to it.

10. SunAngel

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I emailed Ideal, but no reply yet. I am really curious why she is so yellow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by