D'uccle cross

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by MommaBugg, Sep 4, 2011.

1. MommaBugg

MommaBugg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2011
    NE MICHIGAN
    OK I have been looking forward for some time to hatching my little mutt banties, I finaly got a hatch last week. I know it is half d'uccle because of the feathered feet, but its solid black. I am pretty sure it is half golden sebright. It has a golden buff 'Lone Ranger' type mask over its eyes, and the rest is solid black just like our golden sebright was when she was a chick. Also, I do not have any of my banty hens separated, they run together, so I am unsure what color eggs sebrights lay.

This new chick hatched from a very light creamy beige egg. So I am pretty sure the chick is not from my d'uccle hen, which leaves the d'uccle parent to be my roo.

Does ANYONE have any pics of a mille fleur d'uccle roo over golden sebright cross? I found pics of d'uccleX s. sebright roos, but I dont think thats what I have. I will post a pic when I can get a decent one taken of this little turd. She is SO tiny, and just will NOT sit still for a pic [​IMG]

2. becky3086

becky3086 Crested Crazy

Oct 14, 2008
    Thomson, GA
    I just saw in the "hybrid chicken" thread some silver sebright/d'uccle crosses. They are quite pretty but not all black though they may have been as chicks. You would have to ask the person who posted them.

3. laseterlass

laseterlass Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    Anchorage Alaska
    I just got three pullets that are seabright duccle cross. Two are black with gold pencil on the kneck. One has a beard and scraggly foot feathers One is built and feathered as a seabright. The other is BRIGHT orange with boots no beard some black markings and a bad attitude! I will try to load pictures.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2012
  4. laseterlass

May 13, 2011
    Anchorage Alaska
    [​IMG] No boots or beard but we know the parents so no doubt

5. laseterlass

May 13, 2011
    Anchorage Alaska
    [​IMG] beard and scraggly toes gold pencil.

6. laseterlass

May 13, 2011
    Anchorage Alaska
    [​IMG] Everyone thinks this one is a silkie mix. But no silkies around...... boots Bad tempered.

7. POULTRY 104

POULTRY 104 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2013
    Hi. I am currently breeding these birds out. They are really hard to hatch but I have successfully bred a golden. I call these birds " Raven Bantams". Right now it is snowing here in TN so I can't get any good pictures but I will post one ASAP.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by