1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

D'uccle vs cochin

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by headzookeeper, Apr 14, 2016.

1. headzookeeper

headzookeeper New Egg

Apr 9, 2016
    Missouri
    I have 5 bantam babies, 2 and 3 weeks old. I purchased them from our local farm store. My question is, how do you tell the difference between a d'uccle and a Cochin? They all have the vulture hocks but are there any major differences in appearance?

2. cochinfan05

cochinfan05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2013
    LaFargeville NY
    The D'uccles should have muffs....aka fluffy little faces[​IMG]. I just received an order from Ideal poultry this am with Cochins and D'uccles. When I get home I'll post some pictures.

3. headzookeeper

headzookeeper New Egg

Apr 9, 2016
    Missouri
    Is there very much difference in size?

4. cochinfan05

cochinfan05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2013
    LaFargeville NY
    Unfortunately my phone won't let me upload pics right now. My chicks aren't really different in size. Do you have a pics?

5. headzookeeper

headzookeeper New Egg

Apr 9, 2016
    Missouri
    I don't have any adults. I have a 6 or 7 week old Mille fleur and 3, 4 week old and 2, 3 week olds.
    I just purchased the oldest one and I thought I was getting a Mille fleur d'uccle. My fault I guess, I guess I misunderstood. She has become the mother to the little ones already. I have only had her since Sunday. I really like her so far but did really want a d'uccle. Maybe there isn't that much difference in them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by