D'uccle VS. rat...Score comes to..

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Ducklove334, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    D'uccle = ONE

RAT = A BIG FAT ZERO!

Donte' has always been such a plucky little pooper!, he loves to pick fights with the BIG standard hens all the time LOL,

but I never thought I'd see this!

about 10 minutes ago, I was getting ready to take out the trash, and as I opened the door a heard a ruckus coming from the chickens, they're still in the pen, not out freeranging yet.

so I run go out, thinking the two black NN's were in a roll-on-the-ground cock fight again, seriously yesterday those two were literally ROLLING on the ground, fighting.

anyway, I go out to see our little D'uccle roo Donte' locked talon to claw with a RAT about his size, rolling with this thing down the pop-door ramp,it was IN the coop! he's literally got this thing on it's back, trying to peck it's head off! pecking at it's eyes and grabbing the skin of it's neck and PULLING, trying to rip the skin, ofcourse the other stupid roosters follow them down the ramp like "WTH???" and the hens are looking like they want in on the action LOL

the fight was over by the time I get into the pen, Donte' lost a couple flight feathers, and has a few broken tail feathers as a prize for his bravery, luckily I looked him over, and he's exhausted, but has no bites or scratches that I saw, the rat ran off, but looked like Donte' may have broken one of it's hind legs, cause it climbed over the fence, and sort of flopped over the other side, Karina, our best rat catcher(cat,btw) took notice, of it and has been looking ever since, so I think she'll get this one too!

he's such a lucky, brave little guy!, he's always been my favorite, and now he's gone up a level in my likes LOL.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009
  2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    What a little hero you have there [​IMG]

3. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Chickens are amazing creatures. Sounds like Donte' is a keeper for sure! He deserves a treat, maybe some scrambled eggs [​IMG]

4. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Quote:I think he wanted some scrambled rat!

5. Schultz

Schultz CluckN'Crow Farm

Aug 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    oh my!!!!!!!!!!! haha! well thats great news! i have a few d'uccle adults and babies! cant wait to see if i see any fights break out! ahaa

7. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:I think he wanted some scrambled rat!

yummy, scrambled rat [​IMG]

we're trying to find him some GIRLS, hows that for a treat? LMAO

but have had no luck thus far [​IMG]

8. Brindlebtch

Brindlebtch Songster

Apr 15, 2009
    Texas
    Donte' SUPER CHICKEN![​IMG]

9. HorseFeatherz NV

HorseFeatherz NV Eggink Chickens

Do you want to rent Donte' out?

He can come to my house and help teach my chicks to be ratters. [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. DiVon80

DiVon80 Songster

Feb 23, 2009
    Pearl River,Louisiana
    Donte' good boy! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: