D'Uccle... What coloration am I?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by KansasBoy, Jun 7, 2011.

1. KansasBoy

KansasBoy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Topeka
    This little fella was dropped to a Fellow BYCer's home (along with an ameraucana girl) after the original owner was evicted from their home, I'm assuming he's a D'Uccle (but maybe bantam buff brahma looks possible)! Needless to say he's attatched to his friend so he came home with us yesterday. I'm not totally sure on age but would guess around 8-10 weeks, and the Colombian looking neck looks incomplete as of yet (but not sure totally)! Can anyone give me a definite breed and/or coloration for him?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  2. taprock

taprock Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm really new to bantams but he looks just like my D'uccle boys.

3. KansasBoy

Apr 16, 2011
    Topeka
    That's good atleast, thanks [​IMG]

Any guess on coloration?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  4. NYRIR

NYRIR Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    My Mille Fleur D'Uccles started out that color and got the spotting later....black and white spots showed up all over but at first they looked just like that.

5. NateinFL

NateinFL Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2009
    Wesley Chapel FL
    That's for sure a Mille Fleur...as juveniles, they can look quite different, depending on their bloodline. Some have more black feathering than others as juveniles.

6. lilcrow

lilcrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    New Vienna, Ohio
    He's a young Mille Fleur d'Uccle, but it's too early to tell what his coloring is going to do. He SHOULD develop spangles on his body feathers and hackles, plus there should also be white tips on the feathers of his tail. Most MF d'Uccle don't develop their full coloring until almost a year or even more, plus the spangles or mille fleur become more plentiful after each molt. He's cute [​IMG]
    Nancy

7. Doug the Chicken Man

Doug the Chicken Man Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 27, 2009
    Near Ottawa, Ontario
    Mille Fluer D'Uccle.

8. KansasBoy

Apr 16, 2011
    Topeka
    Thank you all for the replies and wonderful news, now I can find my son some new girls for his baby! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by