D'Uccles? Anyone want to confirm?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by alisonwaring, Feb 14, 2013.

1. alisonwaring

alisonwaring Out Of The Brooder

Feb 12, 2013
    Central Florida
    I got two pullets (um I really hope they're girls) from the Flea Market this past weekend. The gentleman said they were bantams.

I don't know how old they are either. He said they would start laying soon. I'm sure he knew I knew nothing about chickens. Any hints on what to look for when they're close to laying?

Oh and they have 5 toes. But one is like a creepy baby toe growing out of the side of a normal toe. Should I be worried?
    [​IMG]

This one is Easy. Over isn't as friendly yet.
    [​IMG]

And it looks like they're both still growing feathers in the back of their heads.
    [​IMG]

2. RockerHen

RockerHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Chappells, SC
    They look like silkie mixes.

3. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    those are silkie mixes possibly with d'uccle in them and look like pullets/hens..looks like a cockerel/rooster has been breeding them a lot and pulling feathers out. the 5th toe is normal on several breed and no cause of worry

4. ChucktheChick

ChucktheChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    The coop
    agreed!

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Silkie Mix!!!

6. alisonwaring

alisonwaring Out Of The Brooder

Feb 12, 2013
    Central Florida
    Oh my poor girls! Well I'm glad I got them out of that abusive relationship. Thanks for all the help. And I'm 99% sure you all are right. He showed me a picture of some silkies he's been breeding. Also glad they are girls. This is my first go. They could've sold me turkey vultures and I wouldn't know.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by