D'uccles colors~~mix or ??

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
First, a bit of history. I bought eggs from ebay last fall, black/blue mottled, porcelain, and mille fluer d'uccles. I hatched 3 black mottleds, 2 porcelain, and 1 mille fleur. Black mottleds=2 cockerel, 1 pullet; porcelains=2 pullets; mille fleur=1 cockerel. Over the winter I ended up losing one mottled cockerel and one porcelain pullet.

A few months ago, someone was nice enough to 'take' some extra roos off my hands, without my permission of course
hmm.png
One of them was the black mottled cockerel.

The black mottled pullet has recently started laying. She is with the mille fleur cockerel and a porcelain cockerel (bought him for the porcelain pullet, who was also taken
sad.png
).

I was wondering if black mottled crossed to mille fleur or porcelain would result in any 'pure' color, or if they would just be mixed. I do have other mille fleurs I can put that roo with, but I have no other porcelains. So if I can't use him, he will be finding a new home
sad.png

So which roo (if either) should I keep with the mottled?

Last edited:
Since it has been over a week since this was posted, I figured it would be okay to bump it rather than reposting. Surely someone here knows about d'uccles colors?
hmm.png

Black mottled + black mille fleur= ??
Black mottled + porcelain= ??

Here is a bad pic of them, I always take bad pics
hmm.png

Bambi020.jpg

About 7 months? 8 months? I bought him just a few months ago and he was young (4-5 months) then. I don't like his foot feathering, it could be better
hmm.png

Thanks for the link, I think I'm officially confused now
lol.png

If I looked at it right, I should keep the porcelain and breed to her, then keep females of that crossing and breed back to him? This would give me a percentage of black mottled, lavender mottled, lavender, porcelain, mille fleur, isabel, and a whole bunch of others?
lol.png

You can also breed the porcelains with the mille fleurs, you'll get splits, then breed them together, and you'll get some pure porcelains, some more splits, and some mille fleurs. Porcelain is to mille fleur what lavender is to black.

Quote:
The only problem with that is that I only have the 1 porcelain rooster. I have the porc. roo, the black mottled hen, 1 mille fleur hen, 1 mille fleur roo, and the 1 black mille fleur roo. I had another mille fleur hen, but lost her a few weeks ago to a predator
sad.png

I've got an unknown mille fleur in the brooder, and some mille fleur eggs in the bator, so I should have more of those. I just don't know which would be better to put with the black mottled, it seems either one will work though.

Back
Top Bottom