1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

d'uccles

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by LinckHillPoultry, Feb 14, 2008.

1. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Anyone know where I can get some nice looking d 'uccles? I saw welps has a ton of different varieties. Anywhere that you would reccomend?

2. peeps7

peeps7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    North Carolina
    What color d'uccles?

3. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I'm buying some mini fleurs and porceleins from meyer this year. I know they are not breeder quality but I saw some last year at the fair and just have to have some.

4. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    i started off wanted just mille fleur, now I saw that welps has a HUGE variety of colors of them and I want them all. Lol.
    Is welps a good place to order from?

5. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    A coworker orders her meat chickens from them and she thinks they are good quality.

6. MommaHen

MommaHen Out Of The Brooder

Nov 19, 2007
    Missouri
    You might also try: www.xtremegamebirds.com

I personally have never ordered from them but have always heard good things about them. They used to have pics on their website but last time I checked they had a new format up & there weren't any pics. Good luck! I'm adding Mille Fleurs to my flock this year!

7. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    Ideal also has a good variety of D'uccles; I have some Golden Neck and Porcelain on my order for March. This will be my first order with Ideal, and my very first bantams [​IMG]

I do also have an order in with Welp's, but their Polish and Bantams hatch at a different date, so my Polish couldn't go on the order unless I wanted 25 [​IMG] I decided to try Ideal out, and love the fact that I don't need 25. Plus, I have my Polish, D'uccle's, and ducks coming in the same order [​IMG]

8. silkieluvr

silkieluvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Marin, California
    Just a heads up, I have never heard good things, or had good experiences with d'uccles from Ideal! Every time they all got sick and died, I would personally not order from them again.

9. P0U1TRYP3RS0N

P0U1TRYP3RS0N Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2007
    I got some d'Uccles from Ideal, and they all died. They sent a replacement shipment, and those chicks died, too.
    Oh, LinckHillpoultry- have you tried Privett Hatchery in New Mexico? They have a lot of varieties of d'Uccles too. I've only had the Mille Fleurs, but they were healthy chicks. And their prices are pretty good, too.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2008
  10. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Isn't there a few people in the BYC sign up page that are selling D'Uccles? Or Eggs? maybe you dont want eggs-lots of people could sell you eggs. I dont think the hatcheries have good D'Uccles

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by