D'Uccles

kelliepulido

Songster
11 Years
Mar 18, 2008
st.john's mi
how are they for eggs?I am trying to plan out what breed I want to hatch out this spring.I have all bantams now cochins,and a couple mix pullets no eggs yet they are all 4m old.

Not sure on the eggs because mine are only 15 weeks old but I can tell you they are a SWEET chicken. They are not mean at all and get along well with the silkies and the bantam cochins
big_smile.png
I love them! I am on the search now for some porcelain!
big_smile.png

Mine are still young and not laying yet, either. They are so sweet and friendly, almost like a pet budgee or parrot, willing to come right to your hand, perch close, sit on a child's shoulder...and beautiul, too! I love their feathered legs, too.
Sept08mybirds009.jpg

Sept08mybirds005.jpg

Sept08mybirds006.jpg

my girl has been laying now for 4 days, and we have gotten 4 eggs!
smile.png
They are getting bigger too! A little smaller than a "small" egg.

and yes, they are sweet chickens!

I'm thinking about ordering some blue mille fleurs from Ideal in the spring. I like the idea of having an instant variety ("blue" will actually be an assortment of blue, splash, and "regular").

Has anyone here bought d'Uccles from Ideal before?

Quote:
They probably will not be show worthy, but they are nice little birds. Very sweet personalities as is typical with the d'Uccle breed. Easy to tame and work with.

My females are all very sweet, I have a male porcelain that is as bossy as can be.
He was only 6 inches tall when he would chase after all the other chickens in my yard and jump on the hens backs when they ran by.
He wanted to squwak in the other roos faces but coudn't reach so he jumps up to try and reach their face and yells at them.
If he was big it wouldn;t be funny because then he would be too agressive, but nobody takes him seriously around here .

Back
Top Bottom