ducclue's

I have a couple of Mille Fleur D'Uccles that I got from My Pet Chicken. They are probably my sweetest chickens and always want to come out and get attention. MPC will also sex them for you for a fee. I don't know how cheap they are but I always get nice chickens from them.

Quote:
D'Uccle. Means "from the city of Uccle", it is a city in Belgium.
roll.png

I do art for a living, and we have a saying: (low)Cost | (high)Quality | Speed (of delivery) ... pick any two!
I guess it can sort of apply here.
smile.png

Best wishes to you!

IDEAL Poultry Hatchery & Breeding Farms in Cameron, TX. They have really cheap prices, if you order under the right conditions (i.e., you have to reach a $25 minimum price for your order. You can add Marek's vaccinations to help reach this minimum). I ordered seven chicks from IDEAL and it cost me under 30 dollars. However, due to shipping stress and possible health problems, I'd order like ten or fifteen.
Depending on where you live, autumn or spring is the best time to order. Summer heat kills during shipment, and winter cold will cause your babies to catch things--like death.
tongue.png

Hope it goes well for you, whatever option you take!

Whoops. Forgot to add that since IDEAL is a hatchery, you will most likely not get standard-abiding birds. IDEAL bantams are too heavy, I hear, so you would have to do some selective breeding and breed the smallest ones together. Not sure about body-type or colors. I assume those would need work, too.
Meyer Hatchery near Polk, Ohio sells d'Uccles. They have a steeper price for their chicks with or without Marek's Vaccinations but they offer a five-bantam-chick minimum. Really nice customer service who will help you in any way they can.

There is a D'Uccle thread here and you might find someone there if you wanted higher than pet quality birds. If you don't mind hatching eggs, there are several who sell them on that thread.
Good luck! My D'Uccle chicks are almost 5 weeks. They are great!

heres a pic of my ducclu...i dont know if hes a great example but i really want show quilty birds and i wount mind breeding them to get show quilty. i do know that i do need great examples of the breed and will have to spend money to get them but i want to start off slow and work my way up so i know what i am looking for.

103640_2.jpg

103640_4.jpg

103640_6.jpg

103640_7.jpg

oh yea hes not yet a year old yet. i think hes around 8 months

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom