Duck #2!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by deren, Mar 16, 2015.

1. deren

deren Out Of The Brooder

Feb 15, 2015
    Maui
    A few weeks ago we got our first duck (Delilah) from the Humane Society with lots of great advice from you guys! It took her a few days to learn about peas, but once she did, it only took one more day for her to eat out of our hands and now she is super friendly and doesn't mind being pet.

Today we found Delilah a companion! Pictures below. Delilah immediately fell into the mommy role. What say you Muscovy experts? Any guesses at gender? Now she (or he) needs a name!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. deren

deren Out Of The Brooder

Feb 15, 2015
    Maui
    Oh, yeah, one other question: The new duck cheeps constantly and relatively loudly when separated from her new momma (and by separated, I mean by a few feet, as Delilah likes to hop up on a perch that the little one can't get up on). Is that normal for a muscovy? When will she grow out of it and stick to cute, quiet chortling?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  3. Tevyes Dad

Tevyes Dad Leader of the Quack Premium Member

Apr 22, 2014
    Montana
    I know absolutely nothing about Muscovies (all mallard based breeds here). The new duck sure is a cutie. You could call it Hoaloha regardless of sex. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  4. Kaessa

Kaessa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2015
    Fruita, CO
    Boy? Those are some pretty big legs and feet!

5. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    I am not surprised the little is peeping frantically. Though I don't have Muscovies, I think all ducklings become quite attached to their significant others.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by