1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Duck and goat?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by PoultryQueen101, Aug 9, 2014.

1. PoultryQueen101

PoultryQueen101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2014
    Middle-East Ohio
    We are going to buy a young female goat for a 4 h project next year. We dont have room for a duck pen and a goat pen, so would they get along in the same pen? They are both super friendly, but we just goat a duck hen.
    the goat is a naturally born dehorned nigerian dwarf, Nd the duck pair are pekins. One was shown as a meat duck this year, but not by me. We actually have two pekin hens, but we are sending the other with some younger ducks to be pond ducks.
    I know that my drake may over breed the hen, but he s been around hens before, and only nibbled their necks.
    would they get along.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  2. PoultryQueen101

PoultryQueen101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2014
    Middle-East Ohio
    Finished the ducks pen, no longer in nee dof this.

3. duckncover

duckncover Duck Obsessed

Jan 17, 2009
    North Eastern PA
    My friend keeps her goats and ducks in the same pen and as long as they have space they do not hurt each other. The goats and the drake may fight sometimes but they shouldn't hurt each other as long as both can escape when needed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by