Duck attacked

Pics
Daisy Duck is doing much better wound wise.
View attachment 3260396
She went broody so I took advantage of that. She had something else to focus on besides scratching her head. She started laying eggs again for about a month (not the past couple of weeks though), but the eggs aren't fertilized so I will be breaking her broodiness. If she goes broody again in spring, I might let her incubate some eggs, but I don't want fall babies.
View attachment 3260400
I gave her a bath tonight, and I had to clean her nostrils out as well because they got a little clogged.
So happy to see that Daisy is doing so well. She's a real fighter. God bless her & you for taking such great care of her 💖

Make sure she has a water dish that's deep enough for her to submerge most of her head, and put fresh water in it daily. This is important, so they keep their nostrils cleaned out.

She's looking great. What a huge difference. You've done a great job with her.

Just wanted to post another update now that Daisy Duck's wound has fully healed. All of the feathers have grown back over where the wound was. She molted this fall & has nice, new feathers. This photo was taken about a week ago. She is doing very well
IMG_2696.JPG

Just wanted to post another update now that Daisy Duck's wound has fully healed. All of the feathers have grown back over where the wound was. She molted this fall & has nice, new feathers. This photo was taken about a week ago. She is doing very well
View attachment 3370599
She's beautiful! This is one of the most dramatic recoveries I've seen. Thank you for the update!
❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Back
Top Bottom