1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Duck Books???

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by aussiedude248, Dec 13, 2010.

1. aussiedude248

aussiedude248 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2010
    Punta Gorda FL
    So I'm getting my Mallard male ducklings in about 30 days from Metzer Farms and I would like to get a book to keep on hand just in case something happens or I have a question. So what book would be good, I'm thinking "Storey's Guide to Raising Ducks" but Idk I raised 2 before but a Bobcat got one and I had to give the other one to a Duck Sanctuary. Also comment on my coop on my page any thoughts or comments about to. Thank You

2. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

That book is very good, but don't buy it yet. The new edition will be out mid January. It is bigger with 30 more pages.
    Katharina

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    I like your coop, and your dog too, the only thing I didn't see was fencing. Is this area fenced in? for protection from stray dogs etc. also mallards fly so you'll have to clip their wings if you don't want them flying off

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  4. aussiedude248

Oct 21, 2010
    Punta Gorda FL
    Quote:Thank you. Yes in the Run there is doubled hardware cloth one sheet on the outside and one sheet in the inside ( Hard to see pic took with Iphone) , also are backyard is fenced it's like a 50 in. high fence. Yes I do want my birds to fly just incase if i'm home and there raoming their little lawn and a critter comes they can fly away [​IMG]

5. aussiedude248

Oct 21, 2010
    Punta Gorda FL
    Quote:So right after I posted this I went on to Metzer's website and saw that another (earlier) shipping date was available so I yelled to my Mom ( I'm 13) to call and the owner picked up ( Jon Metzer) and said I can let you have a even earlier date Dec. 20 and they would come next Tues. so I'm all excited!!!!! And your answer I will buy the New edition Thank you for letting me now [​IMG]

6. katharinad

katharinad Overrun with chickens

7. aussiedude248

Oct 21, 2010
    Punta Gorda FL
    Quote:Im going with the 2nd version, Hardcover, and already pre- ordered it. Thank You so much [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by