Duck breeds?

LowLady

Songster
Jan 13, 2018
So my bf wanted ducks and me having had mallards as a kid growing up was all about it. Did a little reading and figured hey I can handle this. Then I get to the feed store and almost backed out (but I didn’t). So after observing them a few minutes I picked a few I liked, and a black one for him like he wanted. They were sold as mixed straight run ducks. I’m guessing I have a Cayuga and a Rouen but I’m not a 100% and the other I have no idea so I figured I’d see if anyone here could help me figure out what I have. Thanks in advance!
4A393EF9-27B1-45F9-94C5-4FC1F4A83CAB.jpeg

Cayuga?
B88AF86D-155B-459D-8A0B-D580767D88F8.jpeg
9BBD722D-F32D-48E9-BDC7-91DE2A9ACDEB.jpeg

Rouen?
1D4EB756-2B30-4CBA-87DF-DA79AB27BFEC.jpeg
4D1B7EE4-A033-4AAE-99DE-5B8A7B6D24E0.jpeg

Not sure what breed but we are bffs

Never had any experience with magpies because I haven't came across them around here. Do they tend to be one of the calmer breeds?
Drakes can be a handful at breeding season as with any breed. I tend to keep my distance from them when they wish to not see me. ;)
If you socialize them well as ducklings, yes. Mine are very mellow- even the males. They’re considered a “rare” breed by the wildlife conservancy so they are not around much. There is a black and white variety and a grey and white!
I have 26 eggs in the incubator right now. :D. Mostly Black and White with a few Blue and Whites. :wee

Possible a Magpie duckling on the one
th
and the other looks to be Mallard since only 1 eye stripe.

So adorable oh and your not going to separate these babies from each other I hope? they really need the company of each other[ flock animals]
I’ll be even happier if it is a mallard. Just wasn’t sure if they did sell them as pets here. They will not be separated and might possibly be sharing a run with the chickens in the end.

Back
Top Bottom