duck cannot stand up

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by duckmum, Aug 13, 2014.

1. duckmum

duckmum New Egg

Dec 3, 2013
    Hi I've just gone down to feed my khaki campbell pet ducks and one cannot stand up, she has both legs completely stretched out behind her. Her crop feels empty and I've looked down her throat and cannot see anything. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've felt all over for paralysis tick. she's approx one years old and we live in a small country town with no vet available. I have hydrolites in the cupboard I can give her and Triple C broad spectrum ornamental bird antibiotic, can I use this?

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive True BYC Addict

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    1 person likes this.
  3. duckmum

duckmum New Egg

Dec 3, 2013
    Thank you so much for your reply. I bought her inside and gave her a warm bath last night for an hour and some warm rice porridge. Also some hydrolites and some poultry wormer and today she has come good again. She's had some breakfast and is currently having another warm bath before I put her back outside with the rest of her feathered friends. Thanks for the links too. I have bookmarked them in case I need them. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by