Duck can't get the egg out...

rflagg2

In the Brooder
9 Years
Aug 24, 2010
Southern Ontario
My duck is having an issue I believe getting an egg out of her "system" and I was wondering what I can do for her without causing her any pain. She has been having difficulty all day and needs help. What can I do?

Is it safe to handle her I do not want to break the egg inside of her if that is the problem. She is drinking and has a small amount of dischage in that area but I have not seen any waste come out of her and she eats little. She was just born last summer so this is her first laying season that is probabaly why she is having a hard time.

Last edited:
I gave her a bath in warm water but I am worried that she is not going to make it. Hopefully she can heal and be better. Is there anything else I can do for her?

Her oviduct does not look good when I look at it and she won't eat. And just found out a friend of mines goose died today of being egg-bound so it is not looking good.

Last edited:
Thanks! I will try but I can't help her much after tomorrow morning (i have to leave) so I am so hoping she is better in the morning!

Back
Top Bottom