Duck coop flooring

Artoflife90

Songster
Jul 6, 2020
Phoenix Az
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to get some opinions on what you guys think is the best duck coop flooring? I currently have mulch and I just realize that mulch be tough of their feet so I would like to replace it with something that can be easily to clean. Any ideas?

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to get some opinions on what you guys think is the best duck coop flooring? I currently have mulch and I just realize that mulch be tough of their feet so I would like to replace it with something that can be easily to clean. Any ideas?
I would go with pine shavings, or pdz! Also I would paint your floor with black jack47 it really helps make cleaning easier and will make your coop/ duck house last longer.

I do live in Phoenix, Arizona. My only concern is that hay or straw will get too hot during the summer. I also do not have a base floor so I guess it consider it more like a pen actually. Here’s a picture for reference

Attachments

• 48000EC2-092B-4681-8BAE-45E716CECB8D.jpeg
    48000EC2-092B-4681-8BAE-45E716CECB8D.jpeg
    597.5 KB · Views: 23
I do live in Phoenix, Arizona. My only concern is that hay or straw will get too hot during the summer. I also do not have a base floor so I guess it consider it more like a pen actually. Here’s a picture for reference
I would just use pine shavings in that, maybe put in a nesting box or 2 filled with straw so they can snuggle in it if they want to. That's what I do and I'm in Florida, my ducks use the boxes of straw only when they need them, and also they tend to not poop in the straw nest boxes.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom