Duck coop question

Minjojojo

Chirping
Dec 7, 2017
New Jersey
My town ordinance explicitly says no chickens & chicken coops allowed - but no mention of ducks. I took this to mean that ducks are not forbidden, and thus my two Muscovies named Kitty Cat & Puppy Dog joined my family.
If I build a coop in my backyard which essentially looks like and could function as a chicken coop but is for ducks - would this be against the town ordinance forbidding chicken coops? Any input would be appreciated.

I’d make a large “dog house” for them. That way if anyone asks, it’s a house for your kitty & puppy. Just make sure it has plenty of ventilation & is in a secure run.

Ducks don’t roost like chickens do, so no need of a roost up off the floor. And from what I’ve heard, they don’t always use a nest box so you could probably get away with not having one of those either.

I tih
My town ordinance explicitly says no chickens & chicken coops allowed - but no mention of ducks. I took this to mean that ducks are not forbidden, and thus my two Muscovies named Kitty Cat & Puppy Dog joined my family.
If I build a coop in my backyard which essentially looks like and could function as a chicken coop but is for ducks - would this be against the town ordinance forbidding chicken coops? Any input would be appreciated.
Yes I’m pretty sure it is but you can have ducks inside only 2 will be good.

Back
Top Bottom