Duck delivery

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by woods015, Nov 10, 2014.

1. woods015

woods015 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 1, 2014
    I ordered my ducks from metzer farms and they are due to arrive Wednesday. My question is will the post office actually call for me to pick them up? I called them today and they said they can't help without a tracking number. Metzer farms said they don't issue tracking numbers.

2. needlessjunk

needlessjunk Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2014
    Round Rock, TX
    I called them to make sure and lady I spoke to said that they will call. Mine get here the first of Dec. The woman I spoke to said that I can call my post office to give them a heads up but to expect a call around 6am from the post office. Sorry I know that isn't really helpful but I'm curious what others say. My post office is horrible so I'm really nervous.

3. woods015

woods015 Out Of The Brooder

Nov 1, 2014
    Yeah my post office is too. Any time I order anything delivered from them its late. Can't really afford that for this package.

4. EggsnQuackers

EggsnQuackers Out Of The Brooder

Dec 12, 2012
    NW Minnesota
    I've found that my bird orders are so loud that the post office is eager to get them out of there. [​IMG] I've always called a day or two in advance to let them know that a box of birds should be coming in and then they call me first thing in the morning when they arrive.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by