1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

duck diapers?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Keene's coop, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Keene's coop

Keene's coop Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 8, 2010
    neenah, wisconsin
    does anyone on here use them?

2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    I think there is someone on the forum who raises indoor runner ducks in Chicago who also sells duck diapers, but sorry, I don't remember the user name. Try doing a search.

I tried making one for my goose, but he wasn't too happy about it. I gave up because I really have enough space outdoors that I know he was ultimately going to the an outdoor goose.

3. DuckLover179

DuckLover179 Waddles & Puddles

Nov 28, 2010
    California
    scratch'n'peck :

I think there is someone on the forum who raises indoor runner ducks in Chicago who also sells duck diapers, but sorry, I don't remember the user name. Try doing a search.

I tried making one for my goose, but he wasn't too happy about it. I gave up because I really have enough space outdoors that I know he was ultimately going to the an outdoor goose.

Her username is nettie. I don't use them, but I know she makes great quality diapers, and everyone loves them! Her website is www.indoorducks.com

4. ben is a terror

ben is a terror Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2011
    LBI,NJ & JIM THORPE,PA
    not yet but gonna give it a try. my goose is going to be my first guinea pig. i ordered form indoorducks.com they were so helpful

5. Keene's coop

Feb 8, 2010
    neenah, wisconsin
    thanks. mine is gonna be an outdoor too, but also indoor at times. and when we travel we wanna be able to take the duck with us

6. Denninmi

Denninmi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    OK, I've got to ask this ? - What stops the rear of the bird from getting all coated in poo when its in a diaper?

7. The Duck ABC's

The Duck ABC's Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2011
    Quote:You are right about this one. This means changing every 4 hours and never leave the bird in for extended period. The diaper must be off at night and the bird needs a bath after the thing comes off so nothing bad will grow around the vent. Diapers sound cute and tempting, but they are not natural to any bird. The bird also need to get used to it and that can be an issue with grown up birds.

8. Keene's coop

Feb 8, 2010
    neenah, wisconsin
    you are supposed to start them when they are babies so they get used to it. i looked at the website for indoorducks.com, and they also have leash harnesses to walk your duck and i find this one funny [​IMG] ....shoes for ducks and other poultry!! that i would never do. there is also a nylon carring case and clothing for ducks and geese [​IMG]. the things people do to their poultry. but i guess i'm gonna fall into the "crazy" catagory using the diapers. [​IMG]

9. DuckLover179

DuckLover179 Waddles & Puddles

Nov 28, 2010
    California
    Keene's coop :

you are supposed to start them when they are babies so they get used to it. i looked at the website for indoorducks.com, and they also have leash harnesses to walk your duck and i find this one funny [​IMG] ....shoes for ducks and other poultry!! that i would never do. there is also a nylon carring case and clothing for ducks and geese [​IMG]. the things people do to their poultry. but i guess i'm gonna fall into the "crazy" catagory using the diapers. [​IMG]

The poultry shoes are a great product for ducks, as it prevents bumble foot during walks. They're not crazy, just people caring about the safety of ducks. [​IMG]

10. Keene's coop

Feb 8, 2010
    neenah, wisconsin
    i just thought they were funny cuz i have NEVER heard of shoes for poultry

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by