1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Duck Dictionary

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by BantyChooks, May 10, 2016.

1. BantyChooks

BantyChooks Turtle Rock Poultry Premium Member

Aug 1, 2015
    Hello all. @DuckGirl77 and I thought it would be fun to create a duck dictionary, with all the words to describe adorable ducks in one spot! Please comment with your words for the adorableness of Burd. I will update this OP as long as edit times allow me to.

To start us off: (There can be multiple words for the same meaning, etc. This is just for fun)

Burd- Adorable round being with cheeks, and quite frequently, webs. These specimens have Attitude with style! :love

Webz- Well, just that! Webs that belong to Burd, especially multicolored.

Birb- Variation on Burd, depending on which seems appropriate.

FlippyWebz- The action or sound of a duckburd waddling. Most adorable on pavement or soft fabric.

Pancakeitoons: The action of flat performed by sleepy ducks or broody ducks. Very mooshy and cuddly in appearance.

Webbies- Webz in water.

Winglets- The look baby ducklings get when they have these teeny wings and giant bodies. Most adorable when flapping!

Torpedo - the way tiny ducklings propel themselves under the surface of the water in the bathtub.

duckylings- I know, I know, it's crazy, but I do actually call mine this sometimes. It's a variation, you might say, of the word ducklings.

burditude- the unique attitude you have towards ducks

Halfling- Name for a duck when it's half feathers and half fluff

aduckted, adjective:
    Description of a person addicted to ducks.

Duxing, verb;
    When a duck dips it head it the water, pops back up and lets the water flow off it's back.

-Banti

Last edited: May 18, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Torpedo - the way tiny ducklings propel themselves under the surface of the water in the bathtub.

3. BantyChooks

Aug 1, 2015
    :thumbsup

4. DuckGirl77

DuckGirl77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2016
    duckylings- I know, I know, it's crazy, but I do actually call mine this sometimes. It's a variation, you might say, of the word ducklings
    burditude- the unique attitude you have towards ducks

I can't think of anything else at the moment ... I need more ducklings for inspiration! [​IMG]

5. BantyChooks

Aug 1, 2015
    :clap

6. DuckGirl77

Apr 19, 2016
    We need a word for the teen stage that ducks have. Cuz mine are at that stage, and I don't know which to call them! Usually it's "ducks", but I need a crazy word that describes them at this stage. Yes, I said crazy! It doesn't have to be, but I'm crazy, so I like crazy words.

1 person likes this.
  7. The Duck Ladie

The Duck Ladie Duck Addict

Halfling, noun:
    Name for a duck when it's half feathers and half fluff

8. The Duck Ladie

there you go DuckGirl77!

9. The Duck Ladie

aduckted, adjective:
    Description of a person addicted to ducks.

10. DuckGirl77

Apr 19, 2016
    Thank you!!! That's an awesome word for it! I have the sudden urge to go to my ducks - I mean, halflings' brooder ASAP and say "Hi, Halflings."

[​IMG] Good! [​IMG] So, I am aduckted to my webbed halfling-burdz!

They should put these words in the regular dictionary. No one would get it, though, except us aduckted people!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by