Duck Dumping?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Stacykins, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    http://up.craigslist.org/grd/2482954116.html

I
    was just browsing my local farm and garden section of craigslist and couldn't help but notice this. There isn't much to it, but doesn't it sound like they will just eventually dump the duck in a river? Wouldn't that essentially be a death sentence unless it is continued to be fed and sheltered by people? I hope I am not jumping to conclusions, but I hope this person doesn't get their hands on a duckling if this is true [​IMG]

2. DuckLover2399

DuckLover2399 Avian American

Jun 7, 2011
    Oklahoma
    They will probably just dump it you could ask them what they are going to do once it grows up. OR they could be wanting a companion for their duck/ducklng

3. duckluv

duckluv Overrun With Chickens

Aug 20, 2010
    Ohio
    Probably planning to get one for their precious child's birthday, then when the kid moves on to some different toy they'll get rid of it. Sadly, that is the fate many ducklings suffer. [​IMG]

4. Oregon Blues

Oregon Blues Overrun With Chickens

Apr 14, 2011
    Central Oregon
    Not anyone that I'd sell a living animal to.

If you confront them, they will remove the bit about the river from their ad and start lying about their intentions. So don't tell them why nobody will give them a duck (I hope not, anyway)

5. Denninmi

Denninmi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Weird ad. I wonder what the story is, really. Something no good, I'm sure.

6. DuckLover2399

DuckLover2399 Avian American

Jun 7, 2011
    Oklahoma
    well just a min ago there was a MONKEY for sale on craigslist so yea jjust thought id tell you [​IMG]

7. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    They clearly don't understand the meaning of "great home." They'll probably end up finding some poor creature to torture. People do it all the time. More's the shame.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by