Duck egg advice

tattabug5214

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 25, 2014
I was thinking about hatching duck eggs but not sure how. Do you flip them like you do chicken eggs? And how often do u spray them? I just need any advice you have to give me for hatching duck eggs! Thx for all the help guys! :) :)

Hey, I'm on day 9 of hatching my second batch!!! So you turn them 3 times a day, and start misting them and letting them sit out for about 15 mintutes now I start this on day 7, also are these sh

Lol ok! No they are not shipped i will pick them up.So do I start spraying them with water the first day? And wht do u mean let them sit out?

Oh and duck eggs are to me wayyy easier than chicken eggs to incubate they're a lot more tough but I struggle with the hatching part because of the humidity and waiting 3 days lol

So I will let them sit out 15min every day once a day starting on day 7 right? And is the hatching period the same as with chickens, 21 days? And with your first batch you did hatch some right? Sorry im asking all these questions im just nervous its my first time doing this and I don't wanna mess up!!

I start misting my duck eggs and allow them to cool 10-15 minutes a day on Day 10. Most duck eggs have an incubation period of 28 days, except for Muscovy Ducks which take 35 days. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom