Duck egg Day 11 Embryo is alive but ?? about yolk

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by MyGalVal1, Dec 2, 2014.

1. MyGalVal1

MyGalVal1 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 2, 2014
    I have candled my 11 day old duck egg that I am incubating. Embryo looks good, lots of veining...am happy with it except the yolk is in a fixed position on one side of the egg....it looks stuck :( When I roll the egg the yolk is staying in one position. So, does this baby have a chance still? This is my first experience with incubation and hatching. I have been faithful with temp/humidity and turning the eggs. The eggs came from my pekin pair.

2. RubberDuckee

RubberDuckee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2012
    Tennessee
    I am curious now!
    Are you certain it is the yolk you are seeing?

I had 3/7 hatch. It was such a traumatic process for me, being in charge of little lives.there's so much to consider in can be so overwhelming for a new "icubator person." I used to dream my eggs were in a basket about to roll out and I had to catch them before they fell. Then i felt so bad after 4 never hatched. So, just relax. :)

Keep the egg in the incubator. Time will tell. I don't think you should give up on it so early on though.

I am so curious to what the experts on this forum will say though, bc they are super helpful!!!

Also, when you said "rolling" the egg I assume you meant turning it while candling?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2014
  3. buff goose guy

buff goose guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2014
    Mississippi Y'all
    The baby might have attached to the wall of the egg where it will begin to grow comfortably, , yes it still has a chance just near hatch day watch it carefully that week if it internally pips give it about 36 to 48 hours and if it has not externally piped some assistance might be needed.

4. buff goose guy

buff goose guy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2014
    Mississippi Y'all
    picture would help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by