Duck Egg Duck Egg Duck Egg Yay!!!

Blueicebird

Chirping
8 Years
Jul 12, 2011
Watkins Glen
Sorry guys, just so excited!!!

Finally! Brittany popped one out!!! It's about time you slacking duckie!

I went out to check this morning and in the lower box, BAM! Big white duck egg.

The only thing is it was very dirty and looked like it was pecked at. It might be cuz it's been awful rainy out and their pen is very muddy..
sad.png
Do y'all think it's ok to eat? Or should I try and remove the yolk and paint it instead?

317837_532431198029_157800513_30898018_1609345281_n.jpg

321084_532479296639_157800513_30898474_97514612_n.jpg

317096_532479321589_157800513_30898475_559947687_n.jpg

I got my first duck egg today too. Mine was in the chickens nest box (good duckie!!) but it looked like yours, so I think the pecked at looking egg may just be how they come out.
idunno.gif
MIne was green, I thought both of my ducks were supposed to lay white eggs so I thought my EE had gone haywire until I picked it up and it felt funny. Used mine in banana nut muffins and I'm not dead yet, so hopefully they're ok.
big_smile.png

Congrats!!
68502_p1060427.jpg

Ok, sweet! It just looked like it was suppose to bed white, but was dirty.. and looked pecked... Just looked weird. I will see how it comes out in the frying pan, or maybe how tomorrow's comes out. Congrats to you too!!!
big_smile.png
What breed? Mines a Khaki Campbell

Quote:
I'm not quite sure who laid it, but it's either a khaki campbell or an ancona.
fl.gif
Hoping for another one tomorrow, I put mine in the muffins because I wasn't brave enough yet to try one on it's own(because it looked and felt weird compared to my chicken eggs, lol), but I've worked my courage up now. I want an over easy duck egg!

One of my Khaki's layed our first egg today too. It was a nice light beige color. A little smaller than a xl chicken egg. Congratulations on your first. Looks like it was a good day for quite a few of us.
woot.gif

Quote:
I'm not quite sure who laid it, but it's either a khaki campbell or an ancona.
fl.gif
Hoping for another one tomorrow, I put mine in the muffins because I wasn't brave enough yet to try one on it's own(because it looked and felt weird compared to my chicken eggs, lol), but I've worked my courage up now. I want an over easy duck egg!

I LOVE mine over medium! With toast. YUMMMM! Do it......you will be surprised at how it all comes out, really you will. I was sooo worried the first time, and then when I finally got up the guts to do it...I was actually kinda giddy while it was cooking....but then that first bite....it is just amazing how exciting it is to eat your first one. Even the second, third, etc is still pretty amazing to eat.

DO IT!

Quote:
I tried mine tonight. Over easy, Yum yum. Had an easter egger egg too. Wasn't leery of those because they are green, but because they are pullet eggs and I'm always worried something backfired.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom