duck egg,,,im worried help please!! FAST

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ChickenTiff, Jun 21, 2009.

1. ChickenTiff

ChickenTiff In the Brooder

Jun 8, 2009
    Texas
    2 days ago this duck egg started changing colors. Now today I can SEE the baby duck INSIDE the egg, I do not notice movement...why am I able to see through the shell!!?! They are due anyday now,,,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I don't know... may have died on you. Just leave it be, miracles can happen.

3. ChickenTiff

Jun 8, 2009
    Texas
    aww man,,,what what what am i doing wrong,,,,,im so sad

4. roche477

roche477 Songster

May 15, 2009
    Malvern, Arkansas
    I had one duck egg in my last hatch that did that. It had died.

5. ChickenTiff

Jun 8, 2009
    Texas
    Aww man,,,I am about to give up. I cant hatch worth a flip. My first time I used this bator, I put 50 eggs in and all but 3 hatched. Now I am lucky if i get 1-2 chickens or ducks ever....WAAAAAAAAAAAA
    THROWING A FIT NOW,,,
    Tiff

6. roche477

roche477 Songster

May 15, 2009
    Malvern, Arkansas
    Aww, don't give up. Maybe start trying with smaller batches of eggs and try a little different method with humidity, turning, temp, etc. Sometimes it just takes time to find that right combination. Once you do, you will have fuzzy butts all over the place!

7. ChickenTiff

Jun 8, 2009
    Texas
    Please keep fingers cross for my other eggies in there, I have ducks of different breeds, chickens , and even 2 black bellied whistling ducks in there that I am sure my incubator of doom will kill. I want a darn duckkkkkk

8. froggie71

froggie71 Songster

Apr 18, 2009
    Shamong, NJ
    We had 1 do that. It must have hit one of it's own blood vessels in the membrane and started to bleed. It had pipped, so we kept an eye on it and it hatched fine. [​IMG] for your duckling.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: