DUCK EGG IN INCUBATION!! HELP

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by BunnyStyles, Mar 14, 2015.

1. BunnyStyles

BunnyStyles Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2014
    GUYS I HAVE A DUCK EGG THAT WASNT SUPPOSE TO BE IN INCUBATION AND MY DUCK ISNT SITTING AND HER ALONG WITH HER 13 DUCKLINGS HAVE KEPT IT WARM ENOUGH TO GO INTO INCUBATION PLEASE HELP WE HAVE NOTHING TO MAKE A INCUBATOR PLEASE HELP

2. DemonicFowl

DemonicFowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2014
    South Eastern Mass
    I'm gonna shoot some ideas, just possibleish ideas. Heating pad that reaches 98 ish? Fish tank with heat lamp and bowl of water. If your attics hot around 98 try putting it in there. Broody chicken? Hot bottled water wrapped in a slightly moist towel? Idk I feel bad that no one else responded to your post. Don't beat your self up if the eggs fails it happens.

3. BunnyStyles

BunnyStyles Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2014
    today was really hot around 36-38 degrees and it was in the sun unfortnately all day bc i forgot to close the door and it was really hot so i put it in the freezer for 2 mins just to cool it down then i put it back, right now i took it and got a heat type lamp thing and the egg is in a box with the heat lamp

see

[​IMG]

4. chickster5003

chickster5003 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2013
    Ok word of advice do not put the egg in the freezer to cool it, it's not good for they embryo, rather go more natural and mist if with water to cool it.

5. DemonicFowl

DemonicFowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2014
    South Eastern Mass
    Wow didn't even get a notification that you responded... sorry hows the egg, developing?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by