duck egg incubation candling

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by egg incubation, Apr 4, 2012.

1. egg incubation

egg incubation Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2012
    hello i have been incubating khaki campbell eggs for 9 days in my homemade incubtor.the temerature varience is 1 to 2c.
    i have candled it and i could see lots of veins and a small black dot moving around what is this?
    thanks

2. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG]

The black dot is most likely the eye. Congrats!

3. egg incubation

egg incubation Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2012
    please reply

4. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
  5. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

6. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad you joined. That is your duckling. :thumbsup

7. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

8. hennypenny99

hennypenny99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Hugo, Ok
    Can I ask a question about ducks candling too? I am incubating Muscovies. I am non day 17 and I can see two black dots in there on some of them. Could that be maybe the head and the body? I am trying to decide what this other thing I am seeing is too. You know there are the veins all over the egg well this almost looks like the veins are being pushed around in there. I can see these lines moving around in the egg. Could it be possible that I am seeing the webbed feet? It is really neat to watch but I try not to candle very often because I am afraid of stressing them. [​IMG]

9. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

[​IMG]

10. mumahen

mumahen New Egg

Apr 13, 2012
    Hello everyone, i am new here on this site, i am in England. I have made an incubator from a cooler box made of polystrene, and i am trying to hatch some mixed duck eggs i got from ebay, temp is at 99, and humidity is about 65%, and so far pretty stable, Thing is i have never actually done this before, i always got hatchlings. Whats got me all flusterd is the candling. I made a candler out of a lamp and a cardboard box with a hole cut out of the top, My eggs have been incubating for 3 days. What should i see?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by