Duck egg "recipes"

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by call ducks, Oct 20, 2010.

1. call ducks

call ducks silver appleyard addict

Mar 4, 2009
    waterville , canada
    Hey all...

I am getting (finally!) duck eggs and need some other way to cook them. Ideas... I have been cooking them in my microwave egg cookers... I need more Ways!! ideas thanks

2. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Quote:They are good in quiche! And I use about 14 chicken eggs for one quiche or about 8 duck eggs...

3. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    I wish I could find great recipes-I have tried to sneak duck eggs into everything and My family can tell-I have been warned not to cook with them:-( I get so many too-

4. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Quiche! My husband & my parents didn't tell the last time I made it with Muscovy eggs! Lots of cheese & sausage and none the wiser, I say! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. MysticalMom

MysticalMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Duck eggs make the yummiest deviled eggs or egg salad ever. They're a pain in the butt to peel the fresher they are, but my deviled eggs and egg salad ( usually made from the ones I mess up peeling when wanting to make deviled eggs [​IMG] ) are famous around here and only AFTER people tell me how delicious they are do I tell them they were my duck eggs.[​IMG] And then I offer to sell them a dozen or two [​IMG]

6. mgibbzzz

mgibbzzz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Somerset, OH
    I use duck eggs when baking. No one can tell then, but it seems like they can tell with everything else I make. ugh.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by