Duck egg still hasn't hatched

Sorry I haven't been updating A lot, I just candled it last night and almost the entire egg is filled I can't wait for it to hatch...It will be my only duck until the spring my last duck/eggs dad Flew away couple days ago when I was trying to catch him to put him up. If nothing happend to him I hope he will come back Because he has done this before.

This egg still hasn't hatched? I thought you said it had already been incubating for 3-4 weeks in your first post? That was a month ago...there's no duck egg that would take almost 2 months to incubate, are you sure it's still good?

This egg still hasn't hatched? I thought you said it had already been incubating for 3-4 weeks in your first post? That was a month ago...there's no duck egg that would take almost 2 months to incubate, are you sure it's still good?

The pictures from 2 weeks ago sure don't look like an egg that's been incubating for 4 weeks. I think maybe they just got a little confused on the time table. ^^

As for the OP, please don't mess with that egg too much! If it IS still valid, picking it up so close to hatching could result in it getting turned around and pipping the wrong side of the air cell. Please be careful. :/ If you must candle it (looking for bill in air cell, etc), do so without picking it up. Then it's just a waiting game.

Yes I am sure it's still good I have no idea why it's taking so long but it's still growing. Amykins when I put it in the incubator I wasn't sure how long before that my duck had layed it, And thanks for the advice I will stop candling it.

Oh, ok sorry! I was just concerned you were possibly incubating a bad egg all this time. So it possibly wasn't incubated at all before you put it in your incubator? That makes more sense with the timeline. :)

Good luck with your eggie! I have two in my incubator right now that are due to hatch tomorrow. So exciting!

Back
Top Bottom