duck eggs and moma goose??

MomaDuck

Hatching
9 Years
Mar 31, 2010
my mallard ducks and pekins are not setting on the eggs, so was wondering since moma goose is setting on non ferttile eggs bc i have no male goose, if i can put these duck eggs in her nest when she gets up off the nest?? will she notice?? dont want to disappoint her since she will not hatch her own eggs! please help!!!

Should be fine.. I have heard of chickens hatching ducks and turkeys hatching chickens.. i would say go for it and make sure you take pics when they hatch ..

well... Moma Goose is very fisty, not wanting me to touch her. she will nip pretty dang hard. i havent caught her off the nest yet to eat or drink--to slip the eggs in---, I hope she doesnt die of starvation and thirst!!!

My Goose did the same thing last year. If we hadn't intervened and locked her away from her nest she would have died. Even when we put the food and water right in front of her nest she wouldn't eat or drink. She was that way for 1.5 months before we finally locked her nest away then she went back to normal.
This year she laid eggs but didn't set on them, not sure why.

Back
Top Bottom