Duck Eggs day 29

Pics

Mylied

Crowing
9 Years
Mar 12, 2012
Middle Georgia
Today is day 29 for my duck eggs. I had a problem keeping the temp up in my incubator, so it was around 98.9 to 99.3 F the whole time. I upped the humidity to around 75-80% on day 25. I saw one egg had got that bruising I've read about, so I took it out, candled, saw now movement and it didn't look right. I opened it and the fully formed duckling was dead with no internal pip and a big external yolk. One duckling has pipped, which I noticed this morning. There are 5 more eggs that I don't see pips on. About how long after the 28 days until I should check the other five if they don't pip/hatch? First time hatching duck eggs, although I've hatched a lot of chickens.

Ok. I was just worried that I had somehow killed them even though they were alive a few days ago. Thanks. I'll be patient. I did read they hatch slower, so I haven't been stressing so much about the pipped one.

It's quite all right! We understand how stressful it can be. It's easy to tell you to be patient from our end of the internet. :D
We're here if you need us.

The duckling was hatched this morning. It's very small, has black feet and bill, is dark colored with a yellow bit on the chest. What breed might it be? The lady I got the eggs from didn't know what breed they were.

Well, it was still wet this morning, so I don't know if it'll help,
20171128_071148.jpg
but I did take a pic. No one else is pipped, so I didn't think it'd hurt to snag it for a sec and add more water to the incubator.

Well, it was still wet this morning, so I don't know if it'll help, View attachment 1197499 but I did take a pic. No one else is pipped, so I didn't think it'd hurt to snag it for a sec and add more water to the incubator.

Nah, a quick snag doesn't hurt even if you have pips... :)

:love

It does look small! Did they have bantam ducks? Got pics of parents at all?

ETA: how big are the eggs?

Back
Top Bottom