Duck eggs-Day 31-

DuckyGurl

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 8, 2011
In front of my computer
Hi All,
I've got 2 WH duck eggs on day 31. Fertility was way down this Spring, had to toss 14 eggs after a week. Anyways, candled before lockdown and everything looked great. However, no rocking or pips or ANYTHING since then. That was almost a week ago. Temps were 99.5ish, bouncing a bit. Went high a few days before lockdown, 100-101. Then right before lockdown went low for 2 days, 97.3-5 or so. Humidity has been 45-50% thru hatch, 55-58% now and I can't get it any higher. Is there still hope for them? Should I float test? Give them another day?

If there hasn't been any sign of activity, I would candle them and see if they're any good. You will be able to tell right away if they're still viable or not.

What kind of incubator are you using? The temperature shouldn't be spiking or dropping so erratically.

I had an old styrofoam incubator (essentially a styrofoam box) that wouldn't hold a proper temperature and spiked all the time. I got fed up with the poor hatches and bought a digital temperature controller to replace the standard, inaccurate controller. Now when I use it, the temperature only deviates by 0.1 degrees or so.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom