Duck eggs due to hatch any day!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Whitewinterwolf, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Whitewinterwolf

Whitewinterwolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    And its seriously nerve racking...
    I had 14, all of which were growing until I screwed up the humidity...Now I have six! Yesterday they were all moving and wiggling around in the shell when I upped the humidity and put them into lock-down, but...
    No pips yet :(
    I am very nervous and have never hatched duck eggs before. Do they usually wait until precisely 28 days? Or will they be late due to my humidity screw up?
    Any advice? Or should I just chill and have a cup of tea?

2. ChckenBoy13

ChckenBoy13 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2013
    Claremont, NC
    I know that most birds hatch a day or two late if you mess with the humidity or if you mess with the temperature a lot. For instance, for chickens if you mess with the temperature and turn it up to, lets say, 102*F, the chicks are likely to hatch early and have a few defects. If you turn the temperature down to 98*F, the chicks are likely to hatch late. Just wait a little while longer and see what happens! Good luck! If any hatch, be sure to post pictures on here.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2013
  3. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    No problem!
    Last I checked they were all still alive and moving so hopefully they will all hatch! [​IMG] I will be very sad if they dont...
    Alright, well hopefully they will just hatch a bit late.

4. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    We have duckling!!!

[​IMG]
    Really bad picture...But they have all seemed to be hatching! Three others have pipped, we lost one egg, and the other has the duckling's head in the air sack.
    Woot!!

5. ChucktheChick

ChucktheChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2012
    The coop
    So cute and glad for you! That is AWESOME!!! I am gonna get ducks...... It was hard to get more after pet duck passed.... But they are awesome! Congrats!

6. Whitewinterwolf

Apr 11, 2011
    Massachusetts
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are actually hubbys ducks, and I am very glad that week late they all appear to be hatching!! :D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by