DUCK EGGS HATCHING EARLY!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Peterh005, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Peterh005

Peterh005 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 18, 2011
    Adare, Ireland
    Today (thursday) I went to candle my 7 duck eggs and top up the water etc. I started looking for an egg which i wasnt sure was alive or not to check it a again when i noticed a pip. The eggs arent supposed to hatch till Sunday so they were still being turned (automatically) and the humidity wasnt right. When i looked a bit closer it looked like a couple of the others had pipped too. I put back the eggs straight away, filled the resevoirs for lockdown and turned off the turning, is it normal for ducks to hatch this early? When i put them back in I heard a chirp and a few of them wobbled [​IMG], are they gonna be alright cuz i no there humidity was pretty low if they were hatching. Btw theyre Khaki campbells and 1 indian runner :)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  2. BackSwampGirl

BackSwampGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2008
    Richlands,NC 28574
    This is sweet,so happy for you.I have had my ducks lay eggs year round.And they done great.I love my ducks and good luck with these sweet babes,Keep me informed and send pictures if you can,[​IMG] Sandra

3. cmfarm

cmfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2010
    Elgin, TX
    They tend to pip earlier but take longer to actually hatch.

4. BayGoose

BayGoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2012
    PA
    They'll be fine :) I've had many ducks hatch out on day 26. And yes, they take their time from pipping to actually hatching. Once the first ducklings begin to hatch, the humidity will come up on its on. You could always add a sponge soaked it hot water to jump the humidity quickly. They really don't need too much humidity. But make sure the bator doesn't dry out either. Good luck!

5. Peterh005

Jun 18, 2011
    Adare, Ireland
    Its looking a bit more positive now. theres two eggs with large pip holes and theyre both gonna hatch by the morning I would say [​IMG]

6. jdywntr

jdywntr Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2009
    Somerville, AL
    Remember that they take 24-48 hours to hatch so don't get to impatient.

7. Peterh005

Jun 18, 2011
    Adare, Ireland
    Theres 5 of them rocking around like crazy and theres lots of chirping :D They probably wont hatch till tomorrow, the day theyre supposed to [​IMG]

8. Peterh005

Jun 18, 2011
    Adare, Ireland
    2 just hatched!!! [​IMG] and the others are nearly there too!!!!

9. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
    Pics!?!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by