Duck eggs hatching!! I have made an incubator.Is there anything else I should be doing?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Luelromun, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Luelromun

Luelromun Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2013
    I have about 7-10 duck eggs,2 have already hatched and 3rd one is halfway out!! I can hear others pecking and chirping inside!! This is my very 1st time with hatching,is there anything I need to know other than the incubator and temp? I have already put chick feed mush and water in there and the 1st born is already eating and drinking and of course trying to help it's siblings out!! Laying on them for warmth and chirping at them,it's like he/she is saying "Hurry Up"! Great experience,just want to make sure I was doing all I should be doing! Momma duck has been sitting on them for most of the time.When they started pecking through we brought them into the incubator.Hope someone in DUCK WORLD can HELP! Thank you!!

2. creaturelife

creaturelife Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 10, 2013
    i think your doing every thing right but i would not help them hatch until i was for sure they need it if they hatch to early they can die

3. Luelromun

Luelromun Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2013
    Thank you for the advice!! [​IMG]

4. subhanalah

subhanalah Overrun With Chickens

Why did you take them out from underneath the mother? They are the BEST incubators and the BEST brooders.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by