Duck eggs incubator malfunction.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by ERASMO, Oct 30, 2011.

1. ERASMO

ERASMO New Egg

Oct 30, 2011
    This is my first post and my first time incubating duck eggs. I have done chickens in my brinsea eco before. I started up my incubator and got it to the proper temp and on friday I put the duck eggs in. Of course the temp dropped and was on its way back up but I forgot to look at the temp and notice this morning that it never came back to 99.5 degrees. That means the eggs were in there for two days at around 93 degrees. I just turned up the temperature control on the unit and am hoping it will go up to the proper temperature again. I also ordered a replacement incubator. Do you think the eggs are damaged and what should I do?

thanks

2. BBrock

BBrock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2011
    cairo ga.
    You do not need a replacement. When you put eggs in the bator it will change the temp. The eggs may take a few more days to hatch but they should be fine.

3. Poultrybonkers

Poultrybonkers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Quote:93? should cause any problems. maybe a delayed hatch if even that. [​IMG]

4. ERASMO

ERASMO New Egg

Oct 30, 2011
    Quote:Thanks for the info.

I am concerned because it has been two days since the eggs were put in and the temp has not returned to 99.5. Should it take that long?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by