duck eggs wanted

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by naturemom, Jun 29, 2008.

1. naturemom

naturemom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2007
    northern IL
    I'm looking for just a few duck eggs (maybe 3-6) to put under a broody hen. I can't use a lot right now because she's small and wouldn't be able to cover very many. I'd prefer a lightweight breed (Campbell, runner, magpie, Welsh Harlequin). Australian spotteds would be awesome, but I know I'm not likely to find those!
    I'm in Illinois.
    Thanks.

2. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    I'm on vacation with 17 duck eggs from home- I've got to ship some to schmooborp at the end of the week, but I think he(she) wants less than the 17 I brought to ship them. So i have more eggs from my Blue Swedish, Black Swedish, and Cayugas...the parents are 1 -3 yrs old and have produced 14 babies for me so far this Spring, with another 4-5 under a broody duck as I type. Let me know? You can PM me to find out details if you want, Thanks,Lisa

3. laurielynn67

laurielynn67 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2008
    Bryant, Ia
    I am in eastern iowa where in Northern Il are You? I could proably get you some cayuga eggs.

laurie

4. naturemom

naturemom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2007
    northern IL
    Hmmmmm............. I'm really hoping for a smaller breed, but maybe swedish or cayuga would do. I'm going to check a couple other options first, though. Thanks for your replies. Oh, and I'm in the far western suburbs of Chicago.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by