Duck eggs with extremely weird air cells??

shelby hayden

Chirping
Nov 27, 2017
Hi everyone,
I incubate pretty much 24/7 and that goes from call duck wood duck Pekin wallisch emu silkie extra. But I have never seen an air cell like this before... So I will post pictures tomorrow when I candle or maybe even a video. So the air cell is normal on one side of the duck egg and they are on day 20 but when you look on the other side it looks as if the air cell is almost splitting the egg in half maybe a half in on this side is showing as baby and yolk. The air cell is about a finger wide and runs long ways from big end to small end. It is not fluid at all. On the normal side and all the way around to the weird spit you see nothing but baby and veins. The normal side even looks perfect for air cell growth for the incubation day. I have never had twins before or anything like that so I'm not for sure what this is. It is happening with 2 of my eggs that are on the same day. Can anyone give me some advice as to what this might be? All feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks

I mentioned split not spit lol.
Hi everyone,
I incubate pretty much 24/7 and that goes from call duck wood duck Pekin wallisch emu silkie extra. But I have never seen an air cell like this before... So I will post pictures tomorrow when I candle or maybe even a video. So the air cell is normal on one side of the duck egg and they are on day 20 but when you look on the other side it looks as if the air cell is almost splitting the egg in half maybe a half in on this side is showing as baby and yolk. The air cell is about a finger wide and runs long ways from big end to small end. It is not fluid at all. On the normal side and all the way around to the weird spit you see nothing but baby and veins. The normal side even looks perfect for air cell growth for the incubation day. I have never had twins before or anything like that so I'm not for sure what this is. It is happening with 2 of my eggs that are on the same day. Can anyone give me some advice as to what this might be? All feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks
that is split not spit lol sorry for the Auto correct.

Back
Top Bottom