Duck eggs worth.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by quails-101, Jul 6, 2016.

1. quails-101

quails-101 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2016
    The title says it all I'm gonna start selling duck eggs.

2. ducksgomarching

ducksgomarching Just Hatched

Jul 4, 2016
    Roseburg, OR
    I have checked on Craigslist in my area (southern Oregon) before, and the going rate seems to be $4-5 per dozen, with some people selling half-dozens for $3. Different areas will probably have slightly different demand and availability though.

3. cayugaducklady

cayugaducklady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2015
    New England USA
    If you have access to a farmers market that has an egg vendor you might be able to find local market price for you. Duck eggs range from $7 to $12 a dozen here. Half dozens are usually sold as half chicken half duck. I don't eat chicken eggs any more so I don't know how much those mixed dozens cost.

4. dotknott

dotknott Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2016
    Rhode Island
    My Coop
    In town $5-6 doz here, drive em to the city $8 doz.

I'm considering trying to partner with my CSA to see if they want to put eggs in their weekly shares in exchange for a reduction on my share cost next year. This year they rolled out an online store where you can add honey and fresh cut flowers.. Maybe off them there.

5. cayugaducklady

cayugaducklady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2015
    New England USA
    This is a great idea! I hope it works out for you

You might be able to arrange for some unsellable produce "treats" for your flock.

My CSA last year would either let me buy a steep discount or would give me the leftovers that hadnt sold after harvest.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by