Duck eggs

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Pdcavinder, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Pdcavinder

Pdcavinder New Egg

Mar 13, 2017
    I am very new to this. I want to raise ducks for eggs. I appreciate any advice you can provide to me as a newbie. I have read several posts on duck eggs on this sight that have been helpful.

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  3. dekel18042

dekel18042 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    [​IMG] Some duck breeds can outlay all but the highest laying chicken breeds. What kind of ducks do you want to get? I have khaki campbells now which are excellent layers but they won't lay in nest boxes like chickens. I'm lucky when they lay in the straw. A few have decided they can actually bury their eggs but at least I know where to look.
    Duck eggs are excellent for custards and baking in addition to eating.

4. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello, and welcome to the forum! I am fixing to celebrate my first year on here, and I have loved it so much, I hope you will too! There is tons of great info and friendly folks, so pull up a chair and make yourself at home! :frow

~Cuz

5. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

redsoxs has given you some good links so I'll just say hello and wish you all the best!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Pdcavinder [​IMG] Welcome!

As you have already received links to some good starting points, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Pdcavinder

Pdcavinder New Egg

Mar 13, 2017
    Thank you for the links! The more information the better.

9. Pdcavinder

Pdcavinder New Egg

Mar 13, 2017
    I like the idea of Khaki Campbell and I also like traditional Pekin and Welsh Harlequin I am curious about Rouen or Magpie just because they are so cute and they would be more pet like which is important to me.

10. Pdcavinder

Pdcavinder New Egg

Mar 13, 2017
    [​IMG]

Do you know what kind of Duck this is?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by