Duck eggs

Ziggy5432

Hatching
May 26, 2023
Long story short ducks free roam and I just found there eggs.

I decided to candle them and I'm curious if this egg is bad? Should I remove all the eggs?
20230526_081310.jpg

No that’s not normal I’d have to crack that one see what’s goin on. Unless it’s a clot sometimes my hens lay eggs with small clots in them but that does look kinda big.

No that’s not normal I’d have to crack that one see what’s goin on. Unless it’s a clot sometimes my hens lay eggs with small clots in them but that does look kinda big.
I did do a float test on it and it floated so I'm assuming it's bad lmao

Not really it just tells you this egg has lost so much moisture inside the air cell can make it float. I’ve cracked and ate eggs that’s floated with no issues. I’ve also cracked eggs that’s floats and about vomited and cracked eggs that didn’t float and had the same thing. Best thing to do is candle them. If they look iffy through the light toss them.

Not really it just tells you this egg has lost so much moisture inside the air cell can make it float. I’ve cracked and ate eggs that’s floated with no issues. I’ve also cracked eggs that’s floats and about vomited and cracked eggs that didn’t float and had the same thing. Best thing to do is candle them. If they look iffy through the light toss them.
How do you tell what a bad egg looks like through the candle?

Back
Top Bottom