Duck Emergency

Duck939

Hatching
Apr 7, 2023
I believe my duck fledgling is very sick, I'm not sure what he has. I had two duck fledglings, now I only have one. The other duck died what appears to be a few hours ago, and I only just checked in on them for the morning 2 hours ago. They had food, water, but this one is very thirsty and hungry. His feathers are all ruffled, and he is breathing weird. I don't know how to send an image. I currently have him inside and I'm giving him water. He is asleep now, but I'm very worried. Someone please help me out, I don't know what to do.

I've been giving them both clean water and waterfowl starter if that helps. Would also like to add that I've seen them panting even when it isn't hot and they have enough water. I am thinking they have a respiratory illness.

Last edited:
I believe my duck fledgling is very sick, I'm not sure what he has. I had two duck fledglings, now I only have one. The other duck died what appears to be a few hours ago, and I only just checked in on them for the morning 2 hours ago. They had food, water, but this one is very thirsty and hungry. His feathers are all ruffled, and he is breathing weird. I don't know how to send an image. I currently have him inside and I'm giving him water. He is asleep now, but I'm very worried. Someone please help me out, I don't know what to do.

I've been giving them both clean water and waterfowl starter if that helps. Would also like to add that I've seen them panting even when it isn't hot and they have enough water. I am thinking they have a respiratory illness.
What breed of duck and what age?
Do they have water and food 24/7? Do they have heat, if so what temp?
Do they get treats and if so do they have grit?

Are you using a phone? If so click the attach files button below the text box, to the left of the green post button. Photos of the brooder and duckling would really help
Screenshot_20230407_181313_Chrome.jpg

Back
Top Bottom