Duck experts, what's breeds are these?

AnneInTheBurbs

Crowing
6 Years
Sep 8, 2013
Bucks County, Pa
Hello all. Have chickens and turkeys, but no ducks.... yet.

A friend is trying to pass these on to me. From Craigslist, but his wife doesn't want them. Any help is appreciated!

Well the bigger one is a goose, so there's that. A tufted roman, I think. Looks like it has a tuft.

And the duckling looks to possibly be a crested blue swedish. I can't see if it has a chest patch.

Last edited:
Wow, thank you guys. I may be bringing them home, if hubby agrees. I do have a large pool to make a pond, and I would get a few more to keep them company. Will post updates. :thumbsup

Wow, thank you guys. I may be bringing them home, if hubby agrees. I do have a large pool to make a pond, and I would get a few more to keep them company. Will post updates. :thumbsup

Make sure to get another goose, too. Geese need friends of their own kind to be happy :)

And duckling...

I assumed that's what they meant when they said they planned to get a few more. A lot of people think geese can be happy with just ducks or chickens, which isn't the case. So I wanted to make sure they knew to get another gosling too.

I assumed that's what they meant when they said they planned to get a few more. A lot of people think geese can be happy with just ducks or chickens, which isn't the case. So I wanted to make sure they knew to get another gosling too.
I bet your right... I would never raise ducks and geese together again, after our gander killed my favorite duck hen...
hit.gif

Thank you all. I have decided to pass on keeping these guys. I have 14 chickens, 3 turkeys, and assorted chicks. I also just picked up 16 meat chicken chicks today. I just don't have time or energy for some more animals that will require a different habitat and several friends.

If anyone is in the SE Pa area, my friend is just trying to bpfind them a good home.

Back
Top Bottom