1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

duck family

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Neumom, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Neumom

Neumom Hatching

Jul 10, 2016
    Hello everyone. I am moving from WI to TN in 2 weeks. My son is 11 and started raising ducks a year ago. He just had some ducklings hatch today and wants to take them with us to TN (11 hours). Any suggestions on how to do this humanely and sanely?

2. justind1

justind1 Hatching

Jul 10, 2016
    Well it's gonna smell the hole way there. But I would get like a cat carrier and but a cheap blanket or towel in the bottom and keep giving them water and food.

3. Historienne

Historienne In the Brooder

Apr 22, 2016
    Hi there! I did a road trip (though not as long as your upcoming move) with very young ducklings. I used a medium pet carrier and lined it with paper towels. On top of the paper towels I put chux pads/puppy pads, and then on one side of the carrier I put some cut-up old rags. I gave them food and water at short intervals and when the carrier got gross or wet, I replaced the paper towels and pads and threw the old ones out. I kept the carrier covered with a blanket during longer stretches of the drive and didn't have any problems. Good luck!

1 person likes this.
  4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Flockless Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC. You have some good advice, so good luck with your move.

Best wishes
    Ct

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by