Duck Feeding?

MJBentley

Hatching
May 17, 2020
First time duck raiser. I have 5 pekin ducklings that are about 5 weeks old. They have gone through a 25 lb. bag of purina non-medicated chick starter withh 18% protein. No issues. While at Tractor Supply I saw a bag of Nutrena Meatbird Crumble with 22% protein. On the bag it says you can feed it to ducks from 0 weeks on, but everything I read says ducks at this age should only be getting 16%-18% protein to avoid angel wing and other deformities.

Can anyone clear some of this up for me?

First time duck raiser. I have 5 pekin ducklings that are about 5 weeks old. They have gone through a 25 lb. bag of purina non-medicated chick starter withh 18% protein. No issues. While at Tractor Supply I saw a bag of Nutrena Meatbird Crumble with 22% protein. On the bag it says you can feed it to ducks from 0 weeks on, but everything I read says ducks at this age should only be getting 16%-18% protein to avoid angel wing and other deformities.

Can anyone clear some of this up for me?
If you can get some Purina duck pellets that would be ideal. It has everything ducks need for all stages of their life. The only thing you've got to provide for the girls is oyster shell on the side when they start laying. If you've got other types of birds though you should go with the flock raiser.
fullsizeoutput_34d2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom