Duck fight! * video*

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Goat_Walker, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Well Dark knight came home - and once again fought with Monty.
    She is like a little dinosaur!!!

I got a video - SO you have been warned. I did break it up so please dont ask why i didnt do it sooner. This has happened before when she comes around but there isnt much i can do besides break it up since it is a pecking order thing.

Monty is FINE. His pride is hurt but other wise the old geezer is ok. The first time it happened he attacked HER.

Whats really funny is I also have a video of where pigeon came home - a YOUNGER muscovy hen and Dark knight ran from her and backed off.

Scovies are just such silly hard headed birds.

http://tinypic.com/m/73ntog/4

View My Video

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  2. LoreenH

LoreenH Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    Oregon
    She is a fiesty one, isn't she! She looks good for being 'wild'. It's funny, the other ducks are like 'Oh crap, here she comes. Get out of the way!!'. LOL!!!

3. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    I swear she is like a little velociraptor (sp?) She is in perfect health, I mean her feathers are stunning!! And WIth displays like that im sure she will be just fine dfendeing herslef from everything but guns.

4. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Monty looks like he lost his courage after his buddy left!! LOL

Angus has been after Sidney constantly lately, usually only when i go out there though...I think he's got a crush on me, lol. I just need to get everyone seperated, probably a good thing Angus is my only Chocolate Drake.

5. xxSonja

xxSonja Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Australia
    ok i have a probably silly question lol
    But when the smaller brown coloured ducks run away from her & then sort of do that crooked neck, head down thing (hard to explain, anyone know what i mean?) the part just before she flaps her wings.. What is that? aggression? submission?
    my small female duck has been doing that exact same thing the last few days, am im curious as to what she's doing...

6. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

My hens will "squat" and stretch their necks out when they want to mate, is that what you're talkign about?

7. xxSonja

Dec 2, 2009
    Australia
    no its more of just curving the neck,(almost off to the side) and dropping their heads, my lil duck makes a bit of a deep 'whack' when she does it.

8. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

My Muscovies do that when they're "gossipping" lol. but they also do the head bobbing at the same time.

9. xxSonja

Dec 2, 2009
    Australia
    lol well shes 'gossiping' to herself then.. or her shadow.. becoz the boys wander off when she does it lol

10. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

LOL!! "uh oh, she's having one of her 'episodes' again guys..RUN!" that's hilarious [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by