Duck Fights? awe....

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by 1234duck, Feb 4, 2011.

1. 1234duck

1234duck Chillin' With My Peeps

Awe.... How sad, the Rouen Drake & Hen both decided that they don't like the Golden Cascade Drake. Now I had to put up a little divider/ fence to keep the meanies from picking on him. [​IMG] ~*Is it Normal for ducks to just decide that they don't like each other? We got the Rouen Pair & the GC Hen at the same time & the GC Drake soon after, they never use to fight.(we've had them all since Summer & never noticed them fighting.) I'm surprised the GC Drake Runs away from them, he IS a bit bigger than them. I thought maybe they don't like him because, the GC Drake has a 100% interest in the Chickens. He wouldn't hang out with the Ducks.(He's a Trader)>>>Grrrrr... looks like there's NO GC ducklings anytime soon.

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Sorry to hear about the lack of harmony.

I have all girls at this point, so no issues like that. But I have seen that the social structure is, to me in some ways, incomprehensible! I mean, I get some basics - they mostly like to stay together, one duck, Zehn, tries to push all the others around and they ignore her as much as possible, and so on.

How does the GC hen seem to feel about him?

3. tinyglutton

tinyglutton Out Of The Brooder

Feb 3, 2011
    twin falls
    One year we had a 5O 5O ratio of ducks, even though we bought sexed female ducks. Some of the males would chase other off but nothing rough.

4. foxhomechickens

foxhomechickens Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2010
    Muscovy drakes will sometimes go all Chuck Norris on each other.

5. duck_shepherdess

duck_shepherdess Out Of The Brooder

Nov 7, 2010
    Quote:[​IMG]

6. nivtup

nivtup Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    Shelton Washington
    We have had to separate the drakes a couple of times.

They seemed to get over it.

They are running around all ducky right now, although they may still go back at it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by