Duck first night out....

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by NYRIR, Jul 11, 2010.

1. NYRIR

NYRIR Songster

May 13, 2010
    Petersburg,NY
    and I'm feeling GUILTY! We have been bringing them in the house to their brooder box until tonight. They had to go outside sooner or later but.... [​IMG] I feel awful! They were so scared [​IMG] I know in the AM they'll be happy to see me because tonight it was 15-20 minutes after dusk that I got home to put them in the new hut and they LET me pick them up!! Without chasing them!! This is something unheard of around here..it's ALWAYS a "chase the ducks to bring them in fiasco"....so I guess I'm not so bad after all...hehehe...better me than THE DARK!! [​IMG]
    I went out just a little while ago to check on them and they were all quiet so I guess they are ok ....How DO they survive in the wild with out us to worry about them?! [​IMG]

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    [​IMG].. We all have to learn to cut the apron strings sometime.

A few of my girls have been outside for the last two nights.. It was so hard- but I had to do it as I have others hatching and really just ran out of room. They have coped well out in the dark - and even though its winter here now - kept each other warm.

3. seems like as it is with our human children isnt it............[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: